Monday, August 23, 2010

Adams Family Cookout!

Ahh, finally, we made it this year. We missed last year, but we LOVE going to the White Mountains for the Adams family cookout. We used to go every year growing up and ther were tons of cousins and aunts and uncles. It was an all day thing with lots of games and food and hikes I LOVED IT! I remember my grandpa taught me about floating rocks one year in a stream that went through our camp.
It's kinda fizzled a bit in the last decade or so...especially with the Hatch family, but Jase and I have said that we want to make it every year, so our kids can know our cousins and their 2nd and 3rd cousins. We told Kam on the way up that there would be 2nd cousins there. She said, "no, we already have 2nd cousins, the Brimhalls, these guys can be 3rd cousins". haha. Love her
This is all of the 2nd cousins that were there. They all had so much fun together. And the oldest one in the back hooked me up with a Mt. Dew. Haven't' had one of those in forever, but he was wearing a Mt. Dew shirt and it made me want one.
Um, Perfect Pearcen.
These little guys were hilarious! The truck ran out of batteries after one go around the RV, so for about 2 hours they pushed each other around. It got down to Boston and one other boy but they still had a lot of fun.
And Kam. She just wanted to meet all of the kids there. She had a lot of fun. She even got paid with gum for giving one little cousin a "family hug". I have NO idea what that was all about.
It was a lot of fun, and great to see some of my cousins I haven't seen in years. Hopefully we can get more from the Hatch group there next year.
Oh, and on our way home...we saw our first wild bear. We were really excited. It was right by some houses too. I told Jase, "watch out for that big dog...wait, that's a bear"...then we both started freaking out. It was awesome.

1 comment:

Kourtney Dawn said...

FUN!!!! I love family get togethers!!! Also, I will have to tell you about the time me and Jessica saw a bear in the wild!!!