Monday, July 27, 2009

Paul Hatch Family 1st annual Camp Out

This past weekend my family all met up at Bear Canyon Lake for a campout...first time ever. We're not really campers, but decided it'd be a fun new tradition. The kids got dirty the second we got there...black dirt. Here's Boss and one of his wacky faces..... My cousin and his family came up too which was fantastic because they're a lot of fun and their kids are the same ages as ours. This is Kam catching a grasshopper.
We wore flip flops of coarse and when Boss took his off you couldn't tell...


Of coarse there was TONS of eatting. That's about all I did was sit, eat and try to sleep. Bossy and his buddy mooched watermelon off of Jase. Again, i don't know what's up with Bossy's wacky faces.

All of the kids waited to hear the rhino or ranger start up then they'd all go running to it to see if they coudl get a ride. These two decided to just hang out on it til someone started it.


Of coarse there was a lot of cards. I didn't take part in much this weekend, but the ole man did...not sure if he had the pen aka, if he won, but he played every game.

The kids mostly played on the swings, with toys, in the dirt, on the bikes, with sticks, and whatever other thing there was to play with. One of the days most of us went down to the lake to watch grandpa hatch jump in. I'm hoping someone will send me pics of that soon. Most of the grandkids jumped in with him and most of the son in laws. It looked miserable to me, but it was a really really cute thing to watch. Grandpa said it's the new tradition...so he'll be doing it again next year! Hopefully i will too...I just felt way too fat in my swimming suit to get out there. Boston's favorite things were eatting and using grandma's potty in her trailer. He used to love to pee on the trees, but not when he saw how cool it was to flush the toliet in a trailer.

This guy...I just can't get him to let me take a picture of him. This was him singing to me. haha. he was soo incredibly dirty. When they got home we threw them in the bath and it turned BLACK!

These two were awesome. They stuck together the whole weekend doing crazy outdoorsy man things...ie...the double suckers.


I don't know if anyone was excited about the weekend as Jase. He lives to camp, no matter how miserably pregnant his wife is, but I think he did learn, my miserablness usually turns into his miserableness...haha, sorry J.

Again, waiting for someone to come for a ride....

Ahhh, and the hot people let me take some pictures of them...this is how hot they are even after 3 days of camping!!!!!



The food was amazing. Every meal was fantastic! This is Dani showing off our final camping meal, um, taco tangles with Dani's killer salsa! Mmmmm!!!!!
And of coarse we got a flat on our way home, but to make us feel better, Bill locked his keys in his running car, and my dad's truck broke completely down...in JC luckily. But as soon as we got home and took a bath, I crashed and I guess Jaden did the same....Jase took this picture of him.....

It was a fantastic campout! I can't wait for next years when I'm not so big, pregnant, uncomfortable, irritable, mean, and ugly! That's right, I won't be this ugly next year!

8 comments:

Woodside's said...

Family camp outs are great! Your dad is so fun!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh! We went camping at Bear Canyon Lake this weekend too! It was a blast and I'm pretty sure we brought back half of the forest dirt on our boys... you guys must of had the other half!

Elissa said...

looks like lots of fun! can't wait to see you guys this next weekend! Should be very exciting.

K Bailey said...

Fun! And you are a trooper for agreeing to go pregnant! And what are taco tangles?

dani said...

Yes, what are taco tangles? What ever there called, they were good! So good to see you, wish we coulda been up there longer! Already excited for next year!!

Alona said...

How fun! I can't stop laughing at Bossy's face on the watermelon picture! What a funny kid!

Tamee said...

I'm ignoring this whole post because me and my children are not in any of the pictures. In fact, I wasn't even invited, not that I could come. And Brett and Holly got to be my replacement. At least we were represented well.

Kristal said...

Um, Tamee, just so you know, a few people EVERYDAY of camp said, "I wish Tamee was here". And Jaden asked about "the big Garrett". It would have been 10x better if you were there...but trust me coming from a pregs stand point, ug!!!!
Next year, you guys will represent and it'll be way better, no one will be kncoked up...well, hopefully Dani, but no one over the age of 30 will be knocked up. Good times!