Monday, November 5, 2012

A little bit of this, and a little bit of that.

This year we didn't go anywhere til September, so I took the kids up north to my parents a lot.  My dad loved to go on walks with us to Bashas and buy the kids ice cream cones...of coarse they loved it too.  We went on a lot of walks.  I love walking with my dad and talking.  It something he has done with his girls and grandkids for as long as I can remember.  And while we're on the subject, I have to write this here before I get old brain and forget.  I LOVE, and often think about, when my dad and I would take my old blue sleeping bag out on the front lawn and look at stars.  We would do it all the time. I loved just sitting out there as a little girl and him telling me about stars and waiting for shooting stars.


 Also lately, I have become ultra soccer mom.  I'm sure it's no more than other mom's with lots of kids, but everyday after school, we have about an hour before insanity begins.  The kids watch TV or play outside for 15-25 minutes, then homework for half hour, then Monday, Piano lessons, the FHE, Tuesday, Kam's dance, Wednesday, activity days and scouts, Thursday Boston's speech then Jaden's soccer.  Which ok, doesn't sound that hectic, but when you have to load up all 5 to go everywhere, and unload them when you get back, it's a chore...and I feel like I should be skinnier for having to do it everyday...but I'm not, because the stress causes me to eat salted caramel macadamia nut turtles!!!!!  Anyway, here's Boston on the sidelines at Jaden's soccer practice last week.  He wanted to wear a costume that was 2 sizes to small...needless to say, a certain part was a little prevalent that shouldn't have been, and by the end of the day, there was a hole in the bumish area.  But come on, look how cute!
 And Pearce at a soccer GAME.  and yea, he still has halloween make up on his eyebrows.  He looks a bit weird.  But I like him!
 And I did a bit of reminiscing today....this was 2 years ago.  These guys are so cute. I like every single one of them....A LOT!
 and oh my gosh!  Seriously?!  Look at these cuties! They really are just shorter chubbier versions from 8 years ago. I love it!!!

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

So glad you are taking on blogging with a new gusto! You have such a talent for writing and you already know my thoughts on your photography :)