Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years.....

I can't believe it's been 10 years since the Trade Center Attacks. It seems like it was just 2 or 3 years ago.  I remember laying on our couch in our one bedroom apartment in Gilbert, 6 months pregnant with my first wondering what the heck was going on.  I called Jase who was working out with Sam at their house and he came home.  I glued myself to the tv for days...maybe weeks.  Feeling helpless and horrible for the families of those who's lives were taken.  And feeling SO grateful to be safe, and have all of my loved ones accounted for. This day every year makes my stomach tight, and puts me on edge, but this year, being 4 months pregnant with my last, makes me even more emotional, more grateful for my beautiful family, my amazing country and the love we share as a nation.  My friend Pam had this on her blog...I LOVE IT.

I remember 9/11/01
I remember where I was and what I was doing.
I remember what I felt.
I remember how I cried.
I remember how I held my kids tighter.

I remember this...
and all of these...
But, I also remember this...

and a Nation that looked like this...

and the Spirit that made people do this...
and most especially, do this...
I remember...

3 comments:

Biddle Family said...

Well said. I remember too. Pregnant with my first & celebratred a birthday for my last.. I wish we all still had our flags flying..

kaylea campbell said...

the pics & song will make non-pregnant women cry too. ;)

Jerry and Charlsye Miller said...

That's a good way to sum up my feelings too. I wish we could all pray more be as patriotic now as we were right after it happened. It's one of the only good things that came from that attack.

I hope you guys get your housing arrangement figured out soon. Although it means you guys are leaving...you'll be back. Maybe??? Good luck. Hopefully life falls into place and slows down a bit for you soon!