Thursday, November 20, 2008

Look what I did today....

Yup, me and my mom bottled butter, chocolate chips, PB chips, butterscotch chips, mini chips, and nuts! yay! Holiday baking preparation for the next 8-10 years! (picture crappy because I don't know how to use my timer on my camera very well.)
For how to bottle butter go HERE
And as far as bottling the chips and nuts and oats and flour and pretty much any other dry ingredient....buy a food saver with the bottling attachement. My mom and I just split the cost and we bought a middle of the line model with the attachement package and it was $70 for each of us...it came with TONS of the bags and extra containers to store other foods in though, like frozen berries and such. I highly recomend getting one. It seals jars in about 5-10 seconds! It's amazing!

8 comments:

Holly said...

K...did your butter turn out? I checked mine this afternoon and it's not solid. So i stuck it all in the fridge and fear that I may be trying it again. Oh dear. I don't think I can handle anymore jar shaking. What the heck did I do wrong?

Miken Harding said...

You inspire me...someday I'll get on the ball. Butter-that's intresting. Email how you did that. Thanks!

Tiff Hunt said...

I want to know how you bottled all the chips? My husband would LOVE it if I could learn how to do that! Fill me in on all the yummy details!! Gracias.

j&krosser said...

How fun! You and your mom are cute together!

Michelle and Javier said...

Yummy! Send it my way! JK

Raysha said...

I've had a food saver for a few years and have yet to use it. I need to get the bottle attachment though. I've been on a food storage kick for a few months. I go to the cannery bright and early in Tucson tomorrow morning! Good job on yours.

Alona said...

I'm going to put a food saver on my list!

Staci said...

Wow! That looks like so fun! I always wanted to be in one of the families who knew how to bottle stuff growing up. Maybe sometime when we actually make it down there for a visit you can adopt me for a day and teach me how to bottle stuff. I am also loving the holiday baking though! Soo much fun!