Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jaden is his own teacher

Yesterday they told Jaden he's reading at a 5th grade level (I don't think so) but he has all of a sudden been doing TONS better in all of his school work. So today he said, "I have all of my homework memorized" and he continued to tell us all of the stories on his homework. Then he told us, "not this monday, but next monday I'm the student of the week. And Mrs. Rubi always wants ME to read to the class for her." To which I replied, "wow, so you're basically teaching 1st grade then huh?" He said, "yea, kind of". I told him he should get a paycheck and he replied, "I don't do it for the money, I do it for the learning and the children". Gotta love a heart like that!

11 comments:

buba's bodacious babe said...

Blah! why can't my angel be student of the month? I'm so glad that Jado is doing better in school. It must be the after school reading program. 5th grade, huh? I'm just hoping for a passing grade! Maybe Jaden can tutor chompy.....yeah, that might be fun. Jaden can teach chompy about reading and Chompy and teach Jaden about guns and other weapons of destruction. Then they can build a fire, roast rabbit, and read a book about fire and gun safety. Yup, good times, good times.

The Fish Family said...

Aahh, what a sweet kiddo. I would be demanding a paycheck to teach kids. I have never read the BoM all the way through either and that is why I am trying again. So don't feel alone cause you are not. I am making some more cinnamon rolls this Friday for our stake women's conference so you can come if you want to. You should come. Think about it. Our husband can handle the kiddos for a day and we can pig out. Come!!! I'll see ya soon!!!!

Jessica said...

Dang- what a catch! Smart and sweet! Gotta love it!

Harshes said...

LOL. That is so stinkin' cute! "I do it for the learning and the children". What a sweetheart!

Koi said...

Aww, funny Jado. it was good to see you guys but I felt bad after Saturday so here I am, catching up on your blog. I even made a post on mine. Stupid guilt...

Melissa Fullmer said...

he's gonna be our next president ;)

Erika said...

That's so sweet! Way to go!

Lisa said...

Do you expect less he has that HATCH
blood in him(haha). He is way to cute....

AudyCamp said...

Ok that is so hilarious...I wish I couldve seen him say: "I don't do it for the money.. I do it for the children." What a ham like his mom.. and what a smartie pants reader too.

scooping it up said...

I do it for the children. CRACK up.

Sarah Pace said...

That is to funny!! Its amazing what these kids hear and take it. thats hilarious!