This year, instead of resolutions...I'm making a bucket list. I was at the movie Parental Guidance, and there was a scene where the grandparents were playing kick the can in the back yard with their grandkids and it started pouring, and they kept playing and it was even more fun.....in my head I thought, "they should go in, I would go in". And I realized what a sissy mom I am anymore. I used to always play in the rain with my kids. I used to always make huge messes in the house with my kids. I used to do puzzles everyday, teach Kam new mom skills all the time, go on long walks almost everyday. But now, I feel like I live my life ordering kids around and cleaning and cooking and organizing. It's dumb! It's super dumb! So I'm making my 2013 bucket list to have a better, more funner (yup, funner), more exciting, bonding, loving, happier mom of a year!
1. Play in the rain with the kids...more than 10 minutes...more than just once...and ENJOY IT!
2. Touch people more. Sounds wrong, but I hate hugging anyone except Jase and my kids and my parents and my sisters, but I'm learning, people hug...and they hug a lot! So instead of avoiding it, or dreading it, or even just enduring it, my goal is to learn to love it. Along with touching people's arms, or back or whatever when I'm talking to them. Whenever people put their hand on my arm or shoulder when they're talking to me, it makes me feel like they are really my friend, or that they really care about what we're talking about....I need to learn to do that.
3. Less sarcasm....I think this makes the list EVERY year, and EVERY year, I suck at it. But I want to be more optimistic. I've avoided optimism because I'm married to it's king, and I slowly learned that my mind needs a balance of rainbows and reality, so I went extreme the other way to bring us back to reality. But it's ok if we both think/hope for/notice the best in every situation...as long as we don't' want to jump off a bridge when things don't' go that way.
4. Eat Healthy! This was probably my most unhealthy year of eating in 5 or 6 years, and before that I just didn't' understand nutrition, or at least the importance of it. I also want to make new meals. I used to LOVE going through my many WW cookbooks and making a few new meals a week.
5. Early to bed. We used to get crap for being in bed by 9:30 or 10. This year we've slowly gotten on the 11pm or midnight to 5 or 6 schedule, and I don't' dig it at all. When we go to bed earlier, I can get up around 4:30 and fit in a workout. January 1st....bedtime....9pm!
6. Talk more sweetly. I feel like my voice has gotten really uncaring this year with my kids...not kind and loving and fun like it used to me. This should actually be my #1....I guess I shouldn't have even numbered them. They're not in order. But I am going to work hardest on this one.
7. Go to more Upick farms, community gardens, church picnics, trips to the beach, backyard barbecues and family game nights. Of coarse this involves throwing some of these myself, but I feel these are the things that will help me endure the city more. I miss my country life EVERYDAY still. We have plans to get chickens and get a garden going ASAP, but I think our fun family time can also be country type events here in the city.
8. I want a friend. I know that just sounds sad and pathetic...and I know I have some of the most amazing friends in the world, but I feel like I'm #2 on all of their lists....which is fine, I'm grateful to be there, but I want one good friend, that lives close enough to come over and chat while our kids play in the backyard for a few hours. one good friend that calls me up and says, "get a sitter, let's go the movies" at 11am, one good friend that knows when I'm incredibly depressed and need a surprise to make me smile. I know there are these kinds of friends out there...I have some...I've had friends do all of those things with me...but in 2012, I became a hermit....even worse, a snoody, depressed hermit who turned down lots of invites to fun events because I was either tired, felt fat, or ugly, or I knew I'd be social akward that night. Not anymore. Another part of this one is to better meet the needs of my friends. I used to be great at sending little packages, or notes, or whatever to friends when I could tell they were down...I don't think I have all year! I'm so lame. I need a friend!
9. Be outside more. Again, going back to the hermit thing.....intensely. even if I don't get GO places...I need to get out...get out of my house. Even though this house is more light than our last house, it's still one of our darker houses. I just painted the front room a much lighter color and that helped TONS, but there just isn't awesome light in the 3 main living areas....I need to get outside more.
10. Less computer time...by half!
11. I need to cut out dairy. I know cutting out sugar helps tons with everything, especially my skin and energy (and belly), but when I cut out dairy I feel like my body energy picks up again and things start working how they're supposed to. And since I'm not the most disciplined person int he world anymore....I'm leaving the exception of an occasional bowl of ice cream. But honestly, when I order thing w/o cheese or sour cream, I usually don't even notice a difference in the taste.
12. I've gotta workout 5x a week. In my crazy days a few years ago, I would workout 2-4 hours a day 5-6days a week. This year, I just want 5-6x a week, for an hour a day....not an hour in a row, just at least an hour of Zumba class, or turbo fire videos. Volleyball DOES NOT count as any type of workout.
13. Read all 15 Ronald Dalh books to the kids. We're almost done with Esio Trot, and the older two have just read the Twits and Magic Finger, but I want to read all of them, and then have the kids do plays with their favorite ones in the fall. I know, crazy, wacky mom idea, but this is the only time in my life that all of my kids will be young enough to cooperate...I MUST do this one!
14. Paint the piano. You'd think this would be a quick 1 or 2 day project...but I've had plans to do it for over 2 years...and now, thanks to stupid Pinterest, half of my friends have painted theirs. ugh! But it needs to be painted.
15. Clean out the garage. Don't ask
16. Be a size 8 and have long hair. Everytime I get into size 10 I chop my mop. For once in my semi young life, I want hair half way down my back and a small waist. Ive been flirting with the idea of chopping it shorter than I ever have before...a haircut I cut out of a magazine a couple of years ago, but I HAVE to wait til I enjoy long hair and a small body for at least a month. I want to be size 8 by the end of March.
17. Be super in love with J. I do love him....a lot...he's a great hushband....but it seems each time we have a kid....we become a lot less in love. I need to say more nice things....and touch him more (sickos! I'm talking about holding hands, hugging, kissing, butt grabbing, groping, etc.....ok ok, yea, you were right).
18. Keep my bank account high...I won't say the number, but I'm tired of it getting low. I'm the world's WORST saver!
19. Do griller things with my girls. Poor Kam...we did so many boy things for the first few years of her life and of coarse they stuck...and now since she's lost so many privileges til she pays for all the things she breaks during her tantrums, she hangs out with the boys all day....so I'm taking it upon myself to do incredibly girly things with her. She LOVES to do girly things, I just never do them.
20. Call my mom and dad more. I talk to my parents usually once or twice a month. Jase not only calls, but SKYPES his mom and grandma most every Sunday. And the times I talk to my parents....they call me. I'm a bad daughter....but not for long!
Alright, 20, that's good. I can get these mothers done w/in a year...easy peasy!
now I'm going to end this post with a little throw pack shot...only 13 years ago!
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Jaden turned 11. ELEVEN! Yea, one more year as a little kid, then he's a young man, then a missionary, then A MAN! I really like this big kid phase. I'm so excited for his young man phase though. Can't wait to have my very own deacon! He's an amazing kid and I LOVE HIS GUTS! So of coarse, I'm going to do an interview...here goes.....What is something that I always say to you?
J: Jaden, I love you (in a super girly high pitch voice that is nothing like mine).
J: "How was your day?" when we get home.
I don't say anything else, cool, or loving, or awesome?
J: (laughing) Jaden, GO TO YOUR ROOM! I'll talk to you in a little bit.
Ok, let's go to the next question.
What makes me happy?
Good answer, and true.
What makes me sad?
Good answer again....but rarely true.
J: I don't know.
How do I make you laugh?
J: Saying weird things.
J: Just like when your talking to my friends and you say weird things to them about me and,making weird faces.
J: I dont 'know, you never told me
Seriously? I never told you?
J: yea, oh, yea, you stole signs.
You really haven't picked up on anything else I've ever told you about my brining up??? Sad....we need to talk
How old am I?
J: Thirty two?
How tall am I?
J:you're probably five...five...five???
WRONG! Five ten, good try.
How much do I weigh?
J: One sixty
Ha! I love you
J: Sleep? haha, just kidding um, ok, not just kidding.
Sadly, you're right right now. But what do I like to do when I'm awake?
Wow, just add clean and you'll be thinking like your dad. Come on...photography, decorating, painting, playing games, quilting, watching awesome movies, the park, working out, etc... Ok, cool, yea, sleeping and cooking.
What do I do when you're at school?
J: It seems like you just do Zumba, volleyball, clean and take care of the babies.
Right on dude. Sometimes I eat and cook too.
If I become famous, what do you think it would be for?
J: Decorating or...acting and singing!
Ha, you're hilarious! HILARIOUS!
What am I good at?
um (thinking for a good 10 minutes) at GAMES!
What am I not good at? be honest.
J: I don't know
nice try...ANSWER THE QUESTION!
J:Uh, ummm....you wn't get mad?
J: cello? If you practiced you'd probably be good
Again, I love you
J: a pazookie, I don't know.
What about the salad at outback or cheesecake factory? or Cafe Rio? or cheeseburger soup?! I thought that was everyone's favorite!!!
How are you and I the same?
J: we're fast talkers...like not fast, but fast with comebacks. We like road trips. We like getting presents. We both like Vivian, she's so cute! We're both awesome
I can't deny that.
How are we different?
J: Actions, movements, sports.
I play sports
J: I know but do you like soccer and football?
NO, not football
J:, well, I like football, that's what I mean.
J:Grandpa and grandma's house, right?
YES, anywhere else?
J: It seems like the san tan mall with Danica
um, no. I don't like the mall at all...any other guesses? There are 2 more places
YEs, cuddled up on the couch with ALL of my kids and dad...one more place...guess
J: I don't know, where else do you like to be?
At the movies...without any of my kids!
J:You had me. You like to be with me, I think. no, wait, never mind. You let me do things that I'm not supposed to do, like staying up and watching that PG-13 movie,
Wait, wait, what PG-13 movie?!!!
J:at grandpa and grandma's house
J: I don't know what it's called, i was with dad.
Um, yea, that's NOT how I show you I love you...try again.
J:you do special stuff for me on my birthday and at Christmas.
What about all the hugs I give you all....day....long?! Or when I bite you, or grab the back of your neck til you almost cry?
I love you Jaden Mulder! I LOOOVVE YOU!!!!!
J: me too....
Kristal dawn mulder
Posted by Kristal at 1:17 PM
We have been waiting for MONTHS. and MONTHS for the Jones family to come back to visit, and they're finally here! We didn't get up to see them (to my parents) as early as we would have liked due to school, storms, and Jason's work, but when we did get up there we had a TON of fun! The first day was Jaden's birthday, so he picked out the itinerary of the day. First we went to Show Low to see Rise of the Gardians and eat wings. haha, then he wanted to go sledding, so we hauled the Jones and grandpa up a snowy, muddy hill to sled.
The most amazing was Alina...who went all alone (barely 3) on a fast sled, and went flying a bit at the bottom, started crying, came back up and wanted to go alone again. She ws awesome!
I think the sledding wore these two out. Bibs wanted grandpa to hold her the whole time we were up there. And the few times he had to go to the bathroom, she would crawl behind him, following him as far as she could, then either crying, or letting someone else hold her til he came back. Luckily, I think grandpa has a super special, extra large place in his heart for little Bib.
Posted by Kristal at 12:23 PM
Sunday, December 23, 2012
Friday, December 21, 2012
This morning we had a lesson on the Lamanites after the sons of Mosiah called them to repentance. And how they stopped fighting and immediately started being hard workers, and how happy they were. It was a great lesson for our kids to learn that when they were fighting, and idle, they were't happy, but when they quit working and put their efforts and energy towards working and serving, they became happy. I later started thinking about how it's true with me too. There are so many days that I wish I could just sit on the couch for an hour or two, watch TV and eat a bowl of ice cream. I haven't had a day that I have been able to sit on the couch for more than 10 or 15 minutes (other than folding laundry) for months and months....and I've been getting happier and happier. I know a lot of people stress about their busyness, but I see so many more that don't do anything with their day and are depressed. I think I'll take my few moments of stress per day over days and days of depression. And I always feel like my busyness isn't serving (thanks to Holly Service Hancock) but at the end of each day I realize that 90% of what I do each day isn't for me...it's for these naughty monkies, and Jase. We pointed out to the kids that their Uncles are hard workers, and when they aren't at work, they're serving others...helping people move, helping with other people's parties, fixing cars, or church callings. A nd their aunts are always...ALWAYS helping others out...sending care packages, helping other people paint their houses, watching other people's kids, taking them food, etc... It's amazing to see the happiness in people that are busy and serving, and so sad to see the sadness in those that are so idle.
I hope my kids can remember this and not fight ALL DAY AGAIN TODAY!!!
Posted by Kristal at 7:02 AM
Thursday, December 20, 2012
So I just read about Dr. Oz's magic fat melting concoction...has anyone tried it? I really don't' feel like being a guinea pig for it because it sounds gross, but at the new year I'm doing WHATEVEr to not be fat...ok, whatever as long as there are no needles, knives, or drugs.
Anyone???? ANYONE?!Dr. Oz’s Secret Slim Down Drink: mix together 1 cup of grapefruit juice with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. (If it’s too bitter, stir in a teaspoon of honey, which will only add 20 extra calories) Try it Today: Drink a shot before every meal to start painlessly melting away those extra pounds. # Pin++
Posted by Kristal at 8:39 AM
So I've had this dog on my wish list for about a year now...and I haven't gotten it...but I do believe Christmas is a great time to fulfill one's wish list...I need a whetton terrier!
Posted by Kristal at 8:37 AM
Sunday, December 16, 2012
So I skipped a year or two of the white elephant exchange party...but it's back on...and it's SO ON! In fact...I'm thinking it should be labeled The Mulder's BiAnnual White Elephant Exchange so we can do it in the summer as well!
First, we started off with some super unhealthy food....followed by what appeared to be a lovely pile of gifts...
Posted by Kristal at 12:11 PM
Saturday, December 15, 2012
Today was a day I've been waiting for forever! Kam and Maggies dance recital. They were so cute. Kam wasn't as much into it as she was with the hip hop, but she did great. I think the singing and dancing at the same time threw her off. I hope her cousins are in it next round so she'll do it again.And Bibs...I tried to do a shoot with her today, but she WILL NOT hold still!!!!
Posted by Kristal at 3:11 PM
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Posted by Kristal at 4:23 PM
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Posted by Kristal at 11:02 AM
Monday, December 3, 2012
I like having these girls. Kam is such a helper now. She loves to be involved in whatever anyone in the family is doing. If Jaden is doing one of his science experiments, she'll ask to do any little task to be involved, or if Boston is playing bumper cars with Pearcen, she'll jump right in. But the two things she's the best at....keeping baby Vivian happy and helping mom cook or bake. She's the best at it!
Mmm, this last picture makes me so happy to have sweet little sisters! They're 8 years apart, which seems like a lot but that's how close my closest sister is to me, and the farthest is 18 years, and I now feel like we're all a year or two apart! We're super close!
Posted by Kristal at 5:42 PM
Thursday, November 29, 2012
So I was going back through old folders and realized I forgot to blog a few things. Vivvy's first food! She liked to blow her bottom lip so her food would shoot straight up all over her face, then laugh. Luckily she's over that now, but it was a hilarious little thing.And our fantastic trip to Mund's Park with our friends and Jason's business partner...the Ferugusons! WE had an awesome time and so did the kids. These two are a year or 2 apart, and Jaden is uh, much smaller, so they both thought they were stronger so they arm wrestled. It was close, but I think Byron won 2 and Jaden won 1.
Posted by Kristal at 6:49 PM