Sunday, June 28, 2009

1st of the posts...

So I decided to start with the recipes.
This one is my very favorite right now. I know we've all done the overnight french toast, but this one is amazing!!!! I made it for Father's day and am trying really hard to not make it again because it's pretty much just eatting sugar and butter, but in an amazing combination!
(BTW this website is amazing...the allrecipes.com one. if you click on ingredients and type in what you have, it'll bring up recipes that use those ingredients, then click on sort by rateing, and you'll get the best one...and no lie, it'll be amazing. I just had to type in green onions and cilantro yesterday because ours was going bad...an amazing 7 layer dip..Mmm)
Ok, next recipe...it's amazing with pasta or bread sticks or veggies....it's Olive Garden's Alfredo Sauce recipe. There are ways to make it less fattening, I'm sure you can figure it out...but don't do it! You've been warned

Ok, and my last recipe might be a downer for some of you because I knwo I've already shared it, but we live for it. It's the dinner I make on lazy days.
Get your crock pot around noonish or earlier, put in 2-3 chicken breasts
1C salsa (I usually use Pace)
2 cans of corn...or a pkg of frozen
2 cans of beans. I like black, but you can use whatever
1pkg taco seasoning, or if you have the stuff in bulk like me, I dump a couple tablespoons or more in.
Let all of that cook for 4-6 hours then shove a brick of cream cheese in there. It's good w/o it too, but it's creamier with it. Let it cook for another 2 hours or so...the chicken should be easy to shred. Shred it and mix it all up.
Serve it with chips, or in a tortilla.
We sprinkle it with cheese, diced green onions, and tomatoes.
Mmmmm.
Alright, I'll prepare my Kam post tomarrow. She's been amazing lately!

2 comments:

K Bailey said...

go to your allrecipes.com site and do a search for "annie's fruit salsa," it is SO YUMMY. You can make it with whatever fruit you have. I did two apples, one box strawberries and one box blueberries.

Biddle Family said...

hey! I tried to call you today.. I made your crockpot chicken dinner tonight.. so easy and SO GOOD! my kids loved it, my hubby loved it and I LOVED THAT THEY LOVED IT!!!
thanks for a great recipe and for making my dinner so easy tonight!