Friday, October 17, 2008

wow, 2 posts before noon....

So first off, here is a picture of Jase and I 4 halloweens ago, when K was a baby. Frankenstein, and bride of Frankenstein.... Second, a few of you have asked over the past few months what I do to lose weight. Well, for the first 25lbs, I had an 11lb baby, then for the next 45lbs (it took a year) I did WW, then for the last 30 I've been doing cinch shakes for 2 meals a day and then I TRY to eat a salad for my other meal...with cheese and meat in it, but sometimes I just eat whatever I made for everyone else. And the usual, TONS of water, and TONS of working out. I really really like the cinch shakes. They taste great and have a lot of fiber and protien. Oh, and for snacks, I have the cinch protien bars, or popcorn, or cheese stick, or almonds or greek yogurt...ff and plain.
My favorite video of the moment is.....
She's annoying, but the workout is great. I used to do her daily workouts (3 a day because they are only 20 min) for the first 3olbs or so that I lost, then I swithced to turbo jam's cardio jam and turbo sculpt and hip hop abs, which are my two favorites for fun, but I needed to switch it up, so I went to my aerobic video collection and pulled this one out...it's a great workout. Try it! For abs, my favorite work out is....
It's REALLY good! If you do the full 20min everyday with your cardio you'll see results really quickly. Anyway, I think the biggest help in me losing weight was realizing that I ate a lot! When we'd go out as a group with friends or whatver, I'd try to watch whatever the skinny girls got and see how much of it they actually ate, and realized that I was eatting as much as their husbands. Skinny girls usualyly dont' finish their whole meals at resturants (which they shouldn't because they serve too much, but I usually just eat whatever they serve). Anyway, the weeks that I do good on my weight loss are the weeks that I DON"T eat like a man, I eat sissy girly servings...even if it means I need to snack on something later. EAT LESS! Trust me, you won't starve to death. There were days where I would tell myself that I would eat half as much of every thing as I normally would, and I thought I was going to die, but I really never got hungry and never felt weak. I used to hate when I heard people say that American's live to eat where other countries eat to live. But it's soo true. We have too much food, and too amazing of food here, it's a crappy temptation and evil vice! Today it's a big vice of mine. I skipped my cinch shake because I woke up and ate the frosting off of one of the evil cupcakes my mom left, and then I had a chocolate eyeball, and half a cup of greek yogurt. What would Dr. Mulder say?!

Anyway, ther eyou have it...my tips for MY PERSONAL weight loss. Oh, another suggestion, if you do WW, be sure to get a lot of protien, or it'll screw with your hormones, and it will make your hair fall out. boo!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Thanks for all the advice! I just started WW a week ago so I'll make sure to get a lot of protein! Thanks Girl!