Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekly List...

First off I'd like to say how sorely disappointed I am in my 14-16 year old Sunday School class right now. I played Hilary Weeks song, "Be Still" and they all said stuff like, "I don't like her voice", "she has a weird voice". Um, hello kids, do you have any idea whot his is?! Anyways, that was my sad attempt to try and bring music into our class. We've been teaching this class since the beginning of the year and there are 18 of them, and if you know this age...they can't shut their yaps, which is fun, and makes it really hard. It's fun to hear what they talk about, and about the things that concern them. It makes you realize that when you were in HS, you talked about the same stuff, and thought it was soo important, and now that you're a little bit more grown up (not competely), you realize that stuff doesn't matter AT ALL. Anyway, I love that class, I love all of the kids in it, and I'm going to be REALLY sad when we have to trade classes at the new year. I want to just move up a year and keep teaching them. I think they'd get really tired of us for teachers though. Ok, enough of that.

I make a list every week during RS, I know, bad, but I do, of the things that I would like to do during the week. There are so many things that I think of during church that I'd like to do during the week, and unless they are written down, I forget them until church next week. So I'd like to start putting my weekly list up here every week, and then seeing how much of it I ACTUALLY do. Here is this weeks list. Click on it to view it bigger. Notice I've already marked a few things off, because I don't feel like doing those things this week anymore...maybe in future weeks.

On a side note, I think everyone needs to list to Hilary Weeks "Who You Are" song. Seriously, just the first verse is completely me! I love that song. It helps me keep things in perspective and realize that I'm not the total failure of a mom that I feel like a lot of the time.

Wow, look at me being all churchy...it's Sunday, I'm a Sunday mormon.

6 comments:

j&krosser said...

I like your list. Sadly sometimes I don't even feel like a Sunday mormon but a sacrament meeting mormon. I didn't start singing "saturday is a special day" until late last night so I have a few things I might have to do today. Sorry this is getting rambley.

Tamee said...

First off, your hand writing looks like Paula's hand writing.
Next, potty training who? Cause you better not potty train B before I train the BIG K. Whe I ask her if she wants to train or go to the bathroom, she tells me. "Not today, maybe tomorrow." Where does she get that from?
Finally, I enjoy this churchy side of you. Express it more often.

Jill said...

Good job crossing off 'get pregnant'. Save that for next week! :)

Raysha said...

I'm a list maker too. The first draft usually happens in Sunday School and then it gets a little tweaking in Relief Society. Then I get home and it stays in the church bag and I don't get much done. But the next week, I still find myself making another list!

Unknown said...

I was gonna say the same thing about your handwriting - Paulas to a tee. Bunco (I mean Bonko) looks like it was a blast and glad mamma won! Your costume was creepily great. Are you coming down this weekend?

Staci said...

I LOVE this post! Hillary Weeks is the best and just so you know, I call you Super Mom!! You can ask Ry? Way to be awesome!