Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Papasita!


Awww, the world's best dad, and most of you all already know that...seriously you do. He's awesome! He's funny, smart, full of great advice, handsome, funny, creative, quick learner, motivated, funny, my kids favorite grandpa, and defaintely my favorite dad ever!!!! He's great! I am soo blessed to have the world's best dad as my dad. I didn't realize how hard they were to come by til I was older, but I truely know that I am so blessed to have the dad I have. He turned 67 today, which yes, means he turned 50 when I was 10 and everyone thought he was my grandpa, but which also means, they were tired of discipling by the time I came along, so I pretty much got whatever I want. And everyone knows I'm my dad's favorite. The baby usually is, especially when it's a girl. Everyone calls my little B little Paul here in town. I sure hope so!


Here's a run down on dad's exciting 67th birthday.... He stopped by like he does every morning on his walk with his dog (shibby the 3rd) and most of the time, he doesn't even come through our second door, just stops by to say hi, but today the kids ran up to him and hugged him and yelled happy birthday and said, "we wanted to make a cake for you but mom said you're on a diet". And then B took the dog's leash from him and took shibby on a walk around the living room. And then we came up later in the day to see if anything exciting was happening for his birthday, but no, he was eatting his usual gruel and watching CNN on the highest volume possible. But tonight my ma put a birthday party together for him out at the Rock Art Ranch with about 50 old people, mostly cowboy type and us. So of coarse, our little B decides to be really noisy since he's one of the only 3 kids there. But it was a lot of fun. Dad made up a couple of poems, Doyle Hansen did his puppet leg dance, and Brother Bradshaw sang a few songs. Top 5 cool things about my dad:


#1: He used to drag race as a kid!#2 He blew up a bridge with dynamite in Taylor and blew people's windows out for blocks...and to this day has NOT be caught...still has some of the people from up there wondering who ever did that. AWESOME!
#3 Won some major big award for his cowboy poetry...one of the 8 seconds.
#4 Was voted "coolest" in his high school class. For real

#5 Raised 5 freaking awesome girls! Thanks dad!!!! I love you!
(oh, that's my sister randa in the pic....I didn't have any of me and my dad uploaded, and I'm too lazy to do it tonight...so cute though huh?)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Dangit, Ive been hoping all day you would post so I could steal your pictures, but you went to the party and I had to get something up. Im still gonna snag a few pictures - You gotta teach me to scan, so I can start sharing with you.

Unknown said...

Oh BTW - You may be the youngest, but he secretly tells me Im his favorite - Sorry.

Good job on the top 5!

Allred's said...

I love your devotion to your little fam and your adorable dad. I have been sucj a darn slacker with blogging, and I have to say, after veiwing yours, I am feeling like a slacker. I seriously don't know where you find the time to spend all day with the kids, excercise like a mad woman, and then blog a ton too. Your an amazing woman for sure. Congrats this last week as well. I noticed your numbers went down, and to me, your an inspiration.

dani said...

I have the coolest grandpa! What a stud.

j&krosser said...

About a month ago I actually went to a RS thing. They had a guy do cowboy poetry and I thought, "this dude is not as nearly as good as Paul Hatch." `true story. Happy b-day Paul!

Holly said...

Aww...happy birthday to one of my favorite guys on the planet! I just think there is something really special about a dad who can raise a family full of girls (cuz my dad is AMAZING too!)

Burgess said...

Happy B Day to the original Paul Hatch. The second Paul Hatch has a lot to live up to. But, he's pretty cool, too!

Amy D. Hall Riter said...

He did raise great girls that is for sure!!!

AudyCamp said...

What a Cool Dad U have! We know where Kristal got some of her spunk:)

Tamee said...

I too would like to learn to scan old pictures. I'm always stealing pictures from you.
Your top 5 of Dad is awesome. You have to love someone who drag races, blows things up, writes dirty poetry, and that everyone thinks is cool. Come on that's what makes Dad like so other.

Alona said...

I really like your dad. I'm a little jealous that I've never seen Doyle Hansen's puppet leg dance.