Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Chicken Catcher

So since the death of Ariel a couple of weeks ago, we've told K that she can't hold the baby chicks til they get bigger, and since she knows she is blessed with major chicken catching skills, she catches the neighbors full grown chickens....EVERYDAY! it's hilarious! She loves them though. SHe's such a huge animal lover. She goes over and pets the 2 horses and baby colt eveyday, she walks up to ANY dog, ANY size and pets it (scares the crap outta me) and she has been begging for a kitty forever...and as you all know the 3 rules we made when we got married, 1. no minivans, 2. no trailers ,and 3. no cats. I think we're going to break one. Our neighbor said his cat is having kitties in a couple of weeks, and they can give us one 6 weeks after birth...that's about Kam's birthday...we have no choice really. I know, we're turning into Old McMulder's farm. We even talked with our neighbors the Millers about getting a joint cow to put in the land between us. Ha! Anyway, I'm sure the new cat's name will be Ariel, so any suggestions/advice before Arield joins the Mulders? Other than kill it?

9 comments:

j&krosser said...

A cat? You are brave. Thank goodness for us across the street is the vet clinic with cows, horses, and the guineas and cats come in our yard. No need for any more pets.

Anonymous said...

Your little girl is so cute! And it really was so funny watching her at the barn the other day- she sure does love animals! Good luck with the cat thing- I don't like cats either but I guess moms do crazy things for their kids happiness right? =) It was great to see you the other day- I really like the pics and can't wait to see the rest!

Laura said...

Your dream cheat with a cartoon character comment was the BEST! With the addition of a cat you'll probably need a minivan too. Come on Kristal everyone's doing it!

Harshes said...

I can't believe how Kam looks in this picture...growing up! She is so cute! Now, I have to say, Minivans Rock! I thought we would never have one either, but hey, they are great for big families! Rules are made to be broken and every time we say we will "Never....fill in the blank..." that is what we end up doing! ALWAYS!

Bre said...

Oh my gosh, you are freakin hilarious! I just read your post about googling poop. You know when you tell someone not to do something like that it's tempting to do it anyway. I won't though, I'll resist.

Mary Ann said...

that is too funny! i love the picture... it is not easy to catch a chicken. i'm impressed! :)

Kathy said...

I love cats! They have such attitudes! We can't have anymore after these 2 we have are gone though. The best advise that I can give is be sure and get it fixed they actually live longer because they don't go "cating" around!

Tamee said...

Get the girl a cat! She desires one after the death of her chick. Not that I'll be getting any animals until I'm done "hatching" all of my own. (Get it "hatching" we're Hatchs and I'm having babies? I serious crack myself up)
Kam Looks so big in this picture. Maybe it the hair?

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous and I really dislike cats, I like kittens, but cats, not so much. What is a farm without a cat though. SHe will love it!