Monday, June 23, 2008

MY Birthday Part I of II

These are from the actual day of my birthday. My parents and the Gutterys had a BBQ for me and we had an ice cream cake. B had more fun dipping his fingers in the cake than he did eatting it, then ALL the kids started dipping their fingers in it. It was a scary cake by the time we got to cut it.
Ignore the "death" face...but this was me after a day of canning with my sister Vonda. Good times. We learned not to pull the jars out of the fridge and put them right into the warm water bath, and I learned that I have no idea if they aren't sealed...we left 3 jars of chili on the counter over the weekend and our house stunk....they weren't sealed.
Ah, then the next night we got to meet up with some friends, the Bloomfields and the Hancocks, 2 of our best friends up here and we met at the best resturant in northern Az...Eva's! I love that place! If you ever go, just get their carne machaca plate with egg. Trust me, you'll thank me later.
Then right after that we got to go see my amazingly talented and hot neice Kayla perform with her amazingly fun and entertaining group Ambassadors of Light. (yes, I know she has about 6x more hair than me, you should see our bootae's by each other...sad)
Overall it was a great birthday, one last year in my 20's!

8 comments:

Miken Harding said...

You look like you had fun canning-I gotta get on that! You look the best I've ever seen you! Way to go out with a bang for your 20's! See you Friday!

Holly said...

Oh...canning..fun times! Let me know about your next sister's canning date. I'll be there for sure (as long as I'm in town!)

Anonymous said...

I love that pic of you and Kayla... your hair looks so cute and I love that shirt! You're hot! =) YOu guys going to be at my parents for the fireworks on the 5th? Hope so!

Allred's said...

Just can't keep up with your ever moving blog. Okay, Kristal, I just want to say this....you are sincerely looking beautiful....moving on, the 5 things are awesome and so sorry about your stinky house, and your an amazing photographer, and again....your really looking beautiful.

Harshes said...

What a great birthday! I've never done canning. Looks like fun. I had to click on the pics to see you closer. Awesomeness!

K Bailey said...

Like Eva's in Snowflake? Or do they have other locations? :)

kristal said...

nope, Eva's in snowflake. I LOVE that place! Where else can you get a baby kisser and the perfect salsa in one place?!

K Bailey said...

I totally know who you're talking about at Eva's! Ha ha. We go there every time we're in Snowflake-not so much for the food but because after a week we've already been to Trappers and Pizza Hut too. I love all their religious stuff and t-shirts with sayings on them. Good 'ole small town restaurant!