Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Awesome, to crap

So I just thought I'd write about today. I've kinda had something great to look forward to everyday this week.  Today it was shopping for my kid's Christmas with my mom.  My mom comes down and takes a day with each of us girls to take us to help her pick out her gifts for our kids.  It was  a lot of fun.  We started at the farmer's market with dani and Stratton, then to Costco, then to get adjusted, then lunch.  Then on to Target to get the goods, ending at Fry's, then home, for what I thought was perfect timing.  I've never not been there when my kids get home...they were home for almost TEN minutes before I got there.  ha!  Whoops.  Needless to say, they made it up to me with constant messes today. I really don't know what's going on, but Kam and Boss are doing an amazing job at leaving a trail throughout the house, and being an L&L parent, I don't pick it up...if I do, it's mine, and I gave them that option, or they could pick it up and have an extra job.  So now our hallway walls are clean, our TV sparkles, the dishes are put away and the socks are matched.  Yay for naughty kids.  But seriously after that busy day, I was too tired to be a fun mom, so I feel bad making them work for the few hours I have with them.  And not to mention my newly whiney 2 year old.  He's learned to fake cry, and it's so loud, and sounds like a weird farm animal.  DRIVES ME INSANE!!!!!! To top off all the stress, just realized we have two weeks to get a car we all fit in or no Polar Express, and hotel in Flagstaff for Christmas....for Jase and Pearce that is.  Sad.

2 comments:

Jerry and Charlsye Miller said...

Gosh my boys are becoming pros at leaving junk strung all over the house too. Drives me crazy because I'm ALWAYS tripping on it. Some days they do better than others but that seems to be a top reason for my yelling lately. That and their dang fighting.....

Woodside's said...

How fun that you got to spend time with your mom. I always enjoy seeing her around town. I hope you all are doing well and congrats on a baby girl. That is very exciting! If you come up to visit I would love to see you so let me know.