Friday, February 3, 2012

My Happy

Ok, so I'm depressed about how huge I am, but I've been craving my friends Melt-a-ways for weeks now and just got the recipe.  Made them, got myself sick in about 10 minutes, and put the rest on plates and gave them away.  But they are my all time favorite!! MY FAVORITE!!!!!!  They're super similar to Nanaimo Bars.  Not such a custardy middle filling.  So good though.

3/4 cp butter
3 T cocoa
1 T oil
1/4 cp sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg beaten
3 cps graham cracker crumb, not the crappy premade crumbs
1 tsp milk
2 cps powdered sugar
6 oz milk chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Crush graham cracker crumbs
2. Melt 1/2 cp butter in large sauce pan with cocoa and oil. 
3. Blend sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, egg and graham cracker crumbs into butter chocolate mixture.
4. Mix thoroughly, cool a little and press into a 9x9 pan. Put it in the freezer, while making the middle layer.
5.Cream 1/4 cp butter, 1 tsp milk, powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla, mix.
6. Spread over base mixture and put in the freezer to harden.
7. Melt chocolate chips and drizzle all over the middle layer, immediately cutting into small bite-size peices (I recommend a pizza cutter and a knife). If this is not done quickly the meltaways will look like a huge mess. Refrigerate or freeze until hard. Enjoy!

No comments: