Friday, May 1, 2009

Just what the doctor ordered, but he didn't, I did....

So yesterday was perfect! I did spend the first half of the day with my kids, but all went well, nothing got cut off, no major stains, and no blood. At 1, I dropped off the kids and picked up my friend Sharee and we headed to Flagstaff, which is my favorite place to go anyways, but I was going with.....THE COUPON PRINCESS (my sister still reigns as the Queen, but Sharee is a super close 2nd). She was amazing. I loved watching her work her deals all day. If I were her husband watching her save all that money, I would be sooo turned on.
This is what we brought home...times about 300.
The back of the Suburban was loaded, and our wallets were loaded with tons of CVS and Walgreens cash to spend next week. It was great. tons of GOT2B hair products for .50, Keebler Grasshoppers and carmel filled cookies for .50 a package (the big packages...bad, I know, but I couldn't resist). And I even got my Hint of Lime Tostitos for $1.50 a bag! Mmmm, I love that junk! And on a healthy note I got 4 or 5 watermelons (.18/lb) and a million mangoes....4/$1! Lots of corn, and lots of tomatoes. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. I thought I was going to die by the days end though, I wasn't low on energy bub my back hurt from being on my feet all day. And oh my gosh I'm sooo surprised at how many times the stores screw you. CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS! We had to go get things fixed and get some money back on a few things. Like I said, Sharee has a magical savings eye. Hopefully we can shop together every week til I learn the magical ways. Oh, and guess who got a free Swiffer Wet Vac start pac? Yea, me! Um, and I think I had to shove something in my mouth every hour. And my meat of choice...gummy sharks! I've always loved those suckers, not a pregnancy thing. Then of coarse on our way home we had to test out some of our Keebler snacks.
It was perfect, I came back, and I like my kids again. Today was a hectic day. Lots of fun though. Boston was able to have 3 guy friends over while their sisters went with their mom's to Kindergarten screening, then I got to take Kam...she loved it. The second I got home the "kirby" salesmen were at our door and we listened to their shpill for 2 and a half hours...I want one. Any opionions on the Kirby out there? Anyway, now I'm here blogging while the kids are helping Jase shuck corn and get the asparagus ready for dinner....and then we'll have about oh, um, 5 seconds to get Jaden ready for his big spring concert tonight, I can't wait!

4 comments:

Em said...

I want a friend like that! Does she hire out?!? :)

My mom got sucked in by a Kirby man, but you'd never know by asking her. She loves her Kirby. If i could have my pick, I might pick a Dyson but Kirby would definitely be considered, too. They're great.

LuAnne said...

I would get a kirby. As soon as I get my tax return back, I'm getting one. I'm getting one off ebay though. (Terri Bushman showed me where to get some good ones). I can't afford the $1800 ones.

Kristal said...

The one we're wanting was freaking $2400! But you don't get the life time waruntee, free repairs and $198 upgrade anytime in your life if you get it off e bay do you? I think it has to be purchased in your name from Kirby. Ug! I don't know. We're waiting til we get the house started before we decide. They're freaking amazing though!

Jessica said...

I have had a kirby since right after we got married and I love it-I would never want any another vacuum! Definitely worth every penny! (And it still works just as great as the day I bought it!)