Saturday, November 13, 2010

Totally awesome,

Ok, I'm starting off with this amazing kid. Sure, him and his dad have their ups and downs, and most every morning is a struggle to get him to be nice to his sister, but overall, this kid is cake He's hilarious to be around, he's very observant...remembers things from years ago that the rest of us had almost forgot. This guy likes to be home, and I like that! He still likes to cuddle with me on the couch...I LOVE that! He still laughs at me when I do my funky cooking dances, he still yells I love you mom when he runs out the door everyday, but coolest of all, is his hair. I know, I know, looking at these pictures you're thinking, what? It's just shaggy pokey hair, but no....it's the way it falls when he does his head nod. It's awesome He's just awesome. And I've done this a few times in the past, just take a billion pictures in one minute and after every snap he has to change poses. These are my favorites.....



You can't deny the awesomeness.
On another note. Ok, I already noted that Elder Uchtdorf's talk on slowing down and prioritizing was my favorite, so of coarse, I read it the second the Ensign got here. And it was a great reminder to chill. Especially this time of year. Plan less, say no more. I've noticed a much more content feeling in my life since conference, and I've noticed that my friends that seem the most unhappy with where they are in life are usually the overscheduled ones. The ones that don't have time to just chill with their kids, or time to go on a date every week with their husband, or time to sit each week and prioritize what they're going to do for the week. I really LOVE every part of Elder Uchtdorf's talk. I like listening to it on http://lds.org better than reading it (I stink at reading, but that's a new priority...to become better at comprehension so I can enjoy reading). But my new priorities
1. Read with the kids more
2. Piano with the kids more
3. More family walks
4. Learn Italian with the kids
5. Eliminate Facebook (I know, it's a stretch, but it'll happen before the years end) I've realized how much amazing family time I waste caring about other people's silly lives. Not saying everyone's lives are silly, but when they post about the cheesecake they just made, or the amazign meal they just had at Oreganos...um;, really? Do I care?
So there it is. More goals for myself. Help me reach these people..if you see me post on FB, or even on the chat...tell me to get off!!!!!!

4 comments:

Miken Harding said...

Wow...he's getting so handsome! Common, the cheesecake was awesome!:) I'll bake one for the reunion. Are you coming?

Dr. Mulder said...

oh, haha, I wasn't talking about your cheesecake post...I promise...my friend Brock just made a cheesecake over the weekend and posted about it. haha. But yea, bring one to the reunion!!!

The Giles Files said...

Sure is a handsome boy...and I love reading about how you love your kids. It's heart-warming AND it makes me want to write special things down for my kiddos - so thanks for the "blog"speration.

Oh, and right there with you on the facebook thing. I have been thinking about it for awhile. I let it waste too much of my time, on things that don't matter. I am gearing up to go off the fb grid. I have limited time, so I have to choose. My blog is at least productive. (fyi - I am setting my blog to private - so let me know where you want me to send the invite to).

Love reading your posts!

SEALEDDEAL.BLOGSPOT.COM said...

hey im with you on leaving facebook . . . help me!