Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm grateful for....

My monsters! I love em all. Boston put on this gorilla head and glove set and started being a monster to all of the kids. We all ended up dying laughing. He looked hilarious!
I'm grateful for my change of mind. Just in the last couple of years I've learned to be happy, and YES, I do think you can learn to be happy, no matter what your circumstances. I've had friends over the years let their happiness depend on the actions of their parents, their husband, their kids, even their town. And I've had friends be unhappy because of things going on in the world, health issues, financial issues and other parts of their life. But really, ANYONE can be happy. It doesn't matter how much you make, what your husband has done, what rumors have been spread, or what ailment you have. And I know, many things make it hard to keep a positive outlook, but I've learned that when you focus on what matters, it's easier to be happy. And trust me, we've had pretty much EVERY issue listed above in the last 2 years, but when I look at my kids, my husband, my cozy bed, running water, my fridge full of food, or just the fact that we have somewhere to go home to each night, it's soo easy to be happy. I'm smiling just typing this. I found a quote:
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

With that being said, I'm happy.
But I did just get back from a gratitude journaling enrichment and here's what I learned. Most people blog what they want their kids to read when they get older (I DO) and they don't blog their struggles (again, I do). Just know that it's on a seperate blog. My life is what it is on here, but my personal, spiritual and private struggles are on a seperate blog. Just know that.
I think a lot of people write sunshine and rainbows on their blog, but then have a personal journal with their struggles and personal things. I have about 95% of my life on here, because if you know me, you know I don't have much that I keep personal, and I'm very matter of fact, blunt, straight forward, whatever you wanna call it. So it's mostly on here.
Anyway, for the last couple of years, I've been 95% happy. haha

3 comments:

Biddle Family said...

love you!
YOU MAKE ME HAPPY! I REALLY WANT TO SEE YOU VERY VERY VERY SOON!
WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO THE VALLEY????????????
I NEED MY MULDER FIX!.. OR AT LEAST MY KRISTAL FIXXXXX

AudyCamp said...

That is a very cute monster indeed!

Miken Harding said...

Love the little monsters! This is by far my favorite post you have ever written. You struck a chord with me. Thank you, I am learing to be happy all over again, we've been through the ringer this year...but it's a choice, I choose Faith and Happiness. Thanks. You are a great example to me.