Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gettin rid of the extras.....

Ok, so on my own with a help from this guy....
I've always LOVED LOVED LOVED my friends and sisters and neighbors, and ward and most everyone that I've come in contact with in my life. Especially those that are close.

but lately, I've learned what I DO as a person, as a mom, as a wife, as a daughter of God is what matters the most.

I think I've spent a lot of time trying to find more time to hang out with people, and a lot of time keeping up with people's live on face book and blogs...which is now a stinking addiction. But I realize when I write things on my blog, I read them, then re read them, and think about them, and re think about them.... a lot, and it helps me be who I want to be. My acceptance post really got me to think about who I am, and why I would ever want anything different. And now I'm thinking I want to focus more on MY life. I have a magazine subscription (haha, I have about 10...another addiction) to Redbook and they have celebrities and sometimes everyday women write "I LOVE MY ________ life". I always think about what I'd write at the time in the blank. Right now, it would for sure be home. I know, sounds like I'm finding silly excuses to just be a home body, but really, why not? It's where everything I love is. My kids love to be home, Jase loves to be home, my kitchen...I LOVE my kitchen, and yea, it's always home.

Jaden asked me last week, "what does S-I-M-P-L-I-F-Y spell". So I told him and he asked what it means (we have a metal sign in our room that says that) and after I explained it, he said, "we need a lot of that here today"...and he was right. We spent the day running to soccer games, cleaning, picking up bountiful baskets, running to winslow to see friends at the standin on a corner thingy, then to walmart to pick up stuff, then it was too late to make it home in time to eat an early dinner (a mulder must) so we did subway. There are so many things in my life that I can do without. So my new goal, along with self acceptance....SIMPLIFY!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good idea! I need to do the same!

Mary said...

I struggle with this so much. I always feel that I should do more, go more places, etc, but all I really want to do is stay home with my kids. Going places all the time = stress. I just want land, a simple house, and to homeschool my kids in peace and quiet.