Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 RESOLUTIONS

Ok, not that I always do fantastic at my resolutions, but it always helps to write them down a few times, so I'm starting with the ole blog. My #1 resolution is to be a better mom...of coarse. I want to spend more quality time with the kids..especial Thing 1
and thing 2
Jase and I noticed HUGE differences in our WHOLE family for months and months after we did the love and logic class, but it's like the gospel, you have to keep up on it and read on it and pray for help to keep it going...and we've really noticed that the last 2 months. So we're going to re read all of our notes, e mails and books, and hopefully hit another class.

I REALLY need patience. I lack patience in ALL areas of my life lately. Jaden and Kamryn are two areas I feel like I've gained patience lately, but Boston, Jason, weight loss, the house, my hair, my photography, and a lot of other areas I've lacked patience...big time! I saw this picture and thought, "there's no way I'd have the patience to sit there and put this together"
Maybe by next year I will
Another resolution I have for this year is too cook healthier. I did sooo good in 2008...then in 2009, I slacked off a bit, but this last year I feel like I'm almost cooking as unhealthy as I did our first few years of marriage!!!!
My friend Ashley and I have a little something something to help this resolution and it will be debuted SOON (right ashley?)l
And HUGE resolution that will be effected by the previous resolutions is to feel healthy again. I've had some stupid heart issues, which Jase tells me is nothing, but I feel super not healthy about it, and my knes and shoulders aged about 10 years this year. So I want to get off sugar and dairy this year to get my digestive system up and running again. I've just heard too many times that if you have an unhealthy colon, it's the worst thing to have unhealthy...um, and I proably have the worst colon of anyone I know. So, 4 readers (so glad I have 4), if you ever see me or read about me eating sugar or dairy....discipline.....but do it with love and logic.
My final goal....to be IN LOVE again. I feel like the last few years of starting our settled life (make sense?) and having lots of little kids, and aging, and craziness has made me not be in love like I was. I feel like our marriage is totally neglected. Which I would like to blame completely on Jase, but I'll take 10% of the blame and work on it this year.


LOVE YOU J

9 comments:

Jaime said...

You're so inspiring!! Can't wait to see your plan on eating healthier, definitely on my to do list! And I'm with you on the neglected marriage. Last night when I saw all the couples making out on NYE, I thought to myself I want that back!! Just the whole urge to kiss and butterfly thing again. Can it happen??

Jaime said...

oh i have a new blog address. www.isitreallyrelevant.blogspot.com. you'll find out why when you read it.

Mary said...

Love your resolutions! Same as mine. I have colon issues too...LOL...only someone with colon issues would understand. :)

K Bailey said...

I still read your blog! And I have colon issues too....let's email....since I'm not posting anything on here! Ha ha....

Raysha said...

My sister in law had a lot of digestive problems and went to a naturopathic dr. Her problem has to do with yeast in the body feeding on things like yeast, vinegars, dairy, sugars, etc. It's worth checking into for you. Check out the Candida diet. Her dr's list of foods to eat are a little different and she took pills/supplements (like acidophilous). I don't know, just a thought.....

Kristal said...

I think my colon issues are a severe dairy allergy. I'm cutting dairy out starting in the morning, so we should know in a month or so. And I'm s rue sugar is a lot of my problem with a lot of my issues. I don't think I have yeast issues though. I did after Jaden, but haven't since. I LOVE your profile pic raysha!!!!

scooping it up said...

your last paragraph made me laugh outloud, Love you girl! Happy New Year! And for awhile, due to some privacy issues, I will be blogging at www.scoopingitup.wordpress.com

Alona said...

You're hilarious! I do love Love and Logic, though. We use it at our school.

Kristal said...

YOU DO!!?!?!? That's awesome. We've been watching the youtube videos of it and they always say teacher along with parent. I wish our school would.. MOVE HERE!