Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Starting Summer off....

For the last day of Jaden's lunch group we did a big BBQ here at the house. I love this group of kids.  A LOT!  They're so great and fun and happy and funny and creative and they love each other so much! I always feel ok with Jaden hanging out with them because I know they like to keep him in line.
 Ah, this nakie bum! I love it!  I'm so sad he's getting so tall.  He loves to cuddle after naps and baths and I gladly oblige.  

 Bibs is done with kindergarten!!!! Another sad moment.  So happy for her though.  She was talking about the program for weeks before it was time.  It was thee cutest ever.  Sadly she was put in the back and had 2 tall kids in front her her...ugh, but she did great!  She's already planning lots of trips to her kindergarten teacher's classroom next year.  She's already made some cute artwork for her too.
 I got to take pictures of the Gardner kids this last week and Tru came out in his overalls, so you KNOW I had to snap a few.  He's into putting his arms up in the air and closing his eyes. I have no idea why, but that's what we get for now.
                             
I LOVE being with the kids all the time. Sometimes a vacation or a weekend away, or even a long date sounds nice, but when I actually do it, I enjoy it, but regret the time away from them at this stage....of all of them.  A friend just texted me that she's working as if it were a burden and I thought, "um, single moming for a few days this week 24/hr a day is working"...but then I instantly thought about how there's NOTHING else I'd rather be doing.  Um, of course I'd love a maid and a 2nd full time parent, but Jase is really busy with his clinics right now so he's spending a lot of time down there, but I'm so glad I get to hang out with these guys all summer. We have an awesome plan set up and so far our days are going smoothly...well, a bit messy, but a lot of fun....ok, except potty training Truman...well, it's actually fun, and we're ALL involved, but it's not going well. I don't think he's ready, but we're giving it one more day.

No comments: